AAUW Boulder City is awarding four college scholarships of $1000 each for fall semester 2017. We have closed applications for the scholarships and are in the process of selecting recipients. We will post the deadlines for our spring semester 2018 scholarships later this summer.
Eligible applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Female U.S. citizen who is a high school graduate or GED recipient.
- Resident of Boulder City, NV or Henderson, NV for at least one year.
- Enrolled or accepted in a degree program leading to an associate’s, bachelor’s or master’s degree at a regionally accredited community college, four-year college, or university.
- Have completed at least 15 college-level credits excluding remedial courses with and average GPA of 2.5
- Agree to an in-person interview
Scholarship recipients must also:
- Agree to become a member of the AAUW Boulder City branch for one year, (Branch will pay your dues)
- Agree to volunteer at two branch fundraising events (e.g., Home Tour, Wine and Chocolate Tastings, Bake Sale).
- Agree to participate in at least three branch activities (e.g., meetings, board meetings, book club, progressive dinner, game night).
Application – Download the form by clicking on the button below. Complete the form and submit it along with these documents:
- One letter of recommendation addressing your accomplishments, attributes, academic and career goals. Letters cannot be written by relatives and must contain contact information for the author.
- Personal Statement – Limit to one page (typed, double-spaced) narrative addressing your education and career goals, as well as steps you have taken to achieve those goals, your financial need for this scholarship, and how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals.
- Unofficial transcripts of ALL college courses indicating at least 15 credits successfully completed with an average GPA of 2.5.
Every year we host fundraising activities to provide scholarships to women returning to college. Please visit our Wine & Chocolate page for information on our next fundraiser.