We are offering three scholarships of $500 or more for spring semester 2022. The application deadline is Dec. 1, 2021.
Eligible applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Female U.S. citizen who is a high school graduate or GED recipient.
- Resident of Boulder City, NV or Henderson, NV for at least one year.
- Enrolled or accepted in a degree program leading to an associate’s, bachelor’s, or graduate degree at a regionally accredited community college, four-year college, or university.
- Have completed at least 15 college-level credits, excluding remedial courses, with an average GPA of 2.5.
- Agree to an in-person interview.
Scholarship recipients must also:
- Agree to become a member of the AAUW Boulder City branch for one year (no cost to student).
- Agree to volunteer at two branch fundraising events (e.g., Home Tour, Wine and Chocolate Tasting).
- Agree to participate in at least two branch activities (e.g., meetings, board meetings, book group, etc.).
The following documents must be submitted to apply for the scholarship:
- Application – Complete the form by following the link below.
- One letter of recommendation addressing your accomplishments, attributes, academic and career goals. Letters cannot be written by relatives and must contain contact information for the author.
- Personal Statement – Limit to one page (typed, double-spaced) narrative addressing your education and career goals, as well as steps you have taken to achieve those goals, your financial need for this scholarship and how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals.
- Unofficial transcripts of ALL college courses indicating at least 15 credits successfully completed with an average GPA of 2.5.
Email documents to:
Every year we host fundraising activities for our branch scholarships. Please visit our Home Tour page for information on our major fundraiser held each December and our Wine and Chocolate page for information on our spring and fall events.
The AAUW Boulder City Branch does not collect or share confidential or personal information such as names, addresses, email addresses, or telephone numbers from scholarship applicants or visitors to our website.